One of the more popular game modes in Minecraft, SkyBlock spawns you on an island floating in the void on which you must survive and complete challenges using your wits and the resources available to you. Level up by completing challenges and compete against or team up with other players. You've probably never had so much fun while wishing for more dirt!
You can get to our SkySpawn on the BadWolfMC Beta Server by going through the portal at /spawn or using /warp skyspawn, but you can also use /island from anywhere in the server to either choose your island if you haven't already, or teleport directly to your existing island. Remember you can get to the Beta server by using /menu or going through the portal at /worlds.
Once you use /island you'll be shown a GUI with three options, but basically it's a choice of: easy, medium, and hard. Even if you've never done SkyBlock before the medium (poppy icon) is a good choice.
From there, half the fun is figuring it out, so we won't spoil it, but the commands below can be useful.
If you'd like others to be able to teleport to your island, place a sign and write "[Welcome]" on the first line.
At any time you can use /island help for a full and updated list of these commands -- since the plugin updates regularly, some of the ones listed below may change.
- /island - generates a new island, opens the GUI or teleports the player to their island, home location or the team island
- /island help - shows help text
- /island go - teleport to your island
- /island go <number> - teleport to a numbered island home (use /sethome <number> to set)
- /island biomes - open the biomes GUI
- /island cp or control panel - shows a GUI with useful commands so players do not have to type
- /island expel - Removes a visitor from your island
- /island reset or restart - restarts an island. There is a cool down timer and a max limit on this so that players do not abuse it
- /island lang - allows player to chose their UI language
- /island level - ranks the island
- /island level <player> - shows the island rank for another player
- /island lock - locks an island so none can enter or teleport into
- /island ms or minishop - Opens the mini-shop where players can buy stuff.
- /island top - shows the Top 10 islands by rank
- /island settings - lists the game settings in a read-only panel
- /island sethome - sets your island home
- /island sethome <number> - sets a numbered home point, up to the max the server allows
- /island spawn - teleport to the island-world spawn.
- /island warps - Lists warps that are available via Welcome Warp Signs
- /island warp <name> - warps to a Welcome Warp Sign. The full name does not have to by typed in (just the first few letters)
- /island invite - Invite a player to join your team. You can only invite one person at a time.
- /island [accept|reject] - Accepts or rejects an invite. If a player has an island already and accepts, the island will be deleted.
- /island team - lists info on the team
- /island teamchat - enables teams to chat among themselves without bothering others. Player must be in a team to see the command.
- /island leave - leave the team - returns to spawn
- /island kick or remove <name> - only available for the island owner or leader - removes a team member. If the player is online, all their inventory will drop and they will be sent to spawn. If they are offline, they will get a message when they log in that they have been kicked.
- /island makeleader <name> - Transfers ownership to a team member. Can only be issued by the leader.
- /island coop <player> - Gives a player temporary full access to your island. Notifies other team members and the leader when this happens. Use it wisely.
- /island expel <player> - Removes coop status. Also ejects player from your island.
/asc, /c or /challenge - access challenge commands /challenge - Shows the GUI for challenges available to the player. /challenge complete or c - attempts to complete a challenge, of just click in the GUI
- Don't try to bridge to the SkySpawn or to anyone else's island. This will be considered griefing.
- Don't try to glitch around the plugins in place to prevent inventory crossover between worlds. That's just not cool.
- We recommend not jumping off your island to regen your hunger -- we have a plugin for that, too. Again, this falls under the glitching/exploits category.
Can players have more than one island? Nope, sorry. One island per account.
I've turned my lava into obsidian! Do I have to reset my island? Nope! SkyBlock gives you a couple do-overs with obsidian mishaps -- just right click the obsidian with a bucket and it magically turns back to lava. But be careful! You only get a few of these chances.
How many restarts do I get? Everyone gets 3 chances. After the third you would need to contact an admin to reset your count.
Can players help each other/is there a co-op mode? Yes. Players that are cooped will remain so until the inviter or invitee log off or until the invitee is expelled from the island.
When the player changes their biome, it does not change! The biome is updated when the server reloads chunks. Player and team members needs to log out or teleport elsewhere so the chunks will be unloaded and then reload when they return. All players in the area need to leave for the chunks to be unloaded and then reloaded by the server. Sorry, this is a server limitation...
Pioneer Challenge Doesn't Work/You've collected all the items, but told you don't have everything. Make sure that you've looked at the map -- an empty map won't work.
How do I know what Materials I can use? The list of possible Materials is here.
How do I know what kind of Potions types I can use? Potion Types are here.
How can I do the slime farmer challenge? Build down and make a platform that is lower than level 40. Slimes spawn every 10th chunk on average (chunk = 16x16 blocks) so make the platform as big as possible so that it covers at least 10 chunks. Cover it in torches so other mobs don't spawn. You may be lucky and find a slime spawning chunk immediately.
How is the island level calculated? The player's island is scanned and points added for each eligible block. The total is divided by 100 and rounded down to obtain the island level. Blocks must be actually placed on the island and not inside chests, other storage items or in the player's inventory to count.
Default block values follow:
1 Value COBBLESTONE, ACACIA STAIRS, BIRCH WOOD STAIRS, BED BLOCK, WOOL, CARPET, COBBLESTONE STAIRS, COBBLE WALL, DARK OAK STAIRS, DOUBLE STEP, FENCE, FENCE GATE, GLOWSTONE, GRAVEL, HUGE MUSHROOM 1, HUGE MUSHROOM 2, JACK O LANTERN, JUNGLE WOOD STAIRS, LADDER, LEVER, LOG, LOG 2, NETHERRACK, QUARTZ BLOCK, QUARTZ STAIRS, RAILS, SANDSTONE STAIRS, SIGN POST, STAINED GLASS PANE, SPRUCE WOOD STAIRS, STEP, STONE, STONE BUTTON, THIN GLASS, WALL SIGN, WOOD, WOODEN DOOR, WOOD BUTTON, WOOD DOUBLE STEP, WOOD PLATE, WOOD STAIRS, WOOD STEP, WORKBENCH
2 Value BOAT, CHEST, CLAY, DIRT, ENDER STONE, GLASS, HARD CLAY, HAY BLOCK, ITEM FRAME, MOSSY COBBLESTONE, NETHER BRICK, NETHER BRICK STAIRS, NETHER FENCE, PAINTING, PISTON BASE, PISTON STICKY BASE, SMOOTH BRICK, SMOOTH STAIRS, SOIL, SOUL SAND, STAINED CLAY, STAINED GLASS, STONE PLATE
5 Value BOOKSHELF, BRICK STAIRS, BRICK, DIODE, DIODE BLOCK OFF, DIODE BLOCK ON, DISPENSER, DROPPER, FLOWER POT, GRASS, ICE, IRON DOOR BLOCK, IRON FENCE, IRON PLATE, MYCEL, PACKED ICE, TNT, TRAP DOOR
10 Value BURNING FURNACE, ACTIVATOR RAIL, ANVIL, CAULDRON, DAYLIGHT DETECTOR, DETECTOR RAIL, EXPLOSIVE MINECART, FURNACE, HOPPER, IRON BLOCK, JUKEBOX, LAPIS BLOCK, MINECART, NOTE BLOCK, OBSIDIAN, POWERED MINECART, POWERED RAIL, REDSTONE BLOCK, SPONGE, STORAGE MINECART, TRAPPED CHEST
20 Value BREWING STAND HOPPER MINECART
100 Value BEACON
150 Value DRAGON EGG, EMERALD BLOCK, ENDER CHEST, GOLD BLOCK, ENCHANTMENT TABLE
300 Value DIAMOND BLOCK