Stormcage on an unusually sunny day
|Contributors||Cesar, merc, Ca3lan, GolighRunes, Jennyblaze, KhuKhu, Casonacademy, PoopOutlawMom|
Prison is a popular game mode focused on grinding and ranking up, perfect for those days when you need some mindless mining! It is available on BadWolfMC Beta and accessed from the portal at spawn or by using the /warp prison command.
As of March 2023 the game mode is considered to be beta status and will be expanded if there is sufficient interest.
Upon arrival at the Stormcage Containment Facility, players are greeted by Popo KhuKhu, who facilitates integration into the prison community with simple quests including a tutorial (and the option to skip the tutorial). From there, players are sent to the cell blocks to work! Cell blocks are accessed through the "Mines" section of the the main prison menu found by clicking the holo at the Stormcage entrance or the holos at the center of each mine.
The point, largely, is to make money and rank up. Money can be made a few ways, but the primary method is mining and selling your ores to the mine office on the second floor of each cell block. Once the player has made enough money they can rank up (also in the mine office) and unlock access to the next cell block, each of which will have progressively more valuable items to mine. There are 26 cell blocks in total, A through Z, after which the player can choose to "Prestige" and do the whole thing over again. There are currently a total of 10 Prestige ranks.
Players can also purchase upgrades to their gear in the main prison menu, accessed by clicking the holo at the main prison entrance or each of the holos in the cell block centers. The cost of each upgrade scales at 4% of the current rank's cost. It is highly advisable to upgrade each piece as upgrades become available.
|Rank||Rank Cost||Upgrade Cost (each)||Pick Upgrades||Sword Upgrades||Armor Upgrades|
Try your luck at the Stormcage Casino, tucked out of sight from pesky prison inspectors in Stormcage's spacious basement. Games only accept chips, which can be purchased from the vendor at the casino's entrance for $50/chip, then any chips gained or leftover can also be sold back to the vendor for the same price. Games include a few different types of slots, roulette, double or nothing, jackpot, and the tower of luck (the latter of which awards more than chips!).
The Yard is Stormcage's designated PVP area open to those in Rank B or above. Players must have at least $100 in their accounts to enter, since the victor of any PVP match is awarded that $100 from the victim's pocket. Enter at your own risk! Or watch the carnage from the safety of the rooftop.
No prison is complete without Prison Hooch! Find the recipe and perfect your potions for a Haste bonus!
We've made commands largely unnecessary for the sake of immersion, but many command shortcuts can still be used if desired. Please note that all prison commands will only work when in the Stormcage world, with the exception of /warp prison.
- /warp prison - warps you to the Stormcage entrance.
- /prisonmenu - opens our main Prison menu, through which most features can be accessed including upgrades, food purchase, warps, mines, and your secret stash. Access to this is also available by clicking the holos at the Stormcage entrance or in the holo at the center of each cell block.
- /sellall - sells all sellable items in your inventory. This will ignore all non-ore items. Access to this is also available using the sellall computer in the mine office on the second floor of each cell block.
- /rankup - attempts to rank up the player if enough funds are available. Ranking up will not automatically teleport a player to the next rank's Cell Block. Access to this is also available by using the rankup computer in the mine office on the second floor of each cell block.
- /mines - opens the mines GUI for teleportation to the mine of choice. Access to this is also available through the main Prison menu.