View from the front
|Started||3 September 2016|
|Completed||26 September 2016|
The BadWolfMC Mall is a large central shopping hub on the BadWolfMC Alpha server that contains over 80 server and player shops including the BadWolfMC Bank, Library, Pet Store, & Postal Service. It can be accessed by /warp mall, /mall, or /shops. It is not to be confused with the SkyMall on BadWolfMC Beta or the Camelot Mall on BadWolfMC Gamma.
Our beautiful mall is made up of nearly 2 million blocks and hosts over 80 server and player shops including the BadWolf Art Gallery, Bank, Market, Library, Pet Store, Postal Service, and Theater. The Mall opened with the server itself on October 1, 2016 and was one of the first things built on the server, taking approximately 2 weeks to complete. It was inspired by a build by edsinger based on the Queen Victoria Building in Sydney, Australia.
Renting a Shop
All of our shops are rented using the sign-based Residence renting system. You can rent any shop that displays "Available" on the sign. Just choose the perfect location and right-click to rent! Multiple clicks will purchase additional time while shift+right-clicking the sign will unrent your shop. Note that there are not currently refunds when unrenting a shop. All of our shops have the auto-renew tag enabled, which you can confirm by using /res market rent true. Toggle to false if you want to abandon your shop at the end of the rental period.
Warning: Be sure all of your items are out of your shop before you unrent or let your rent expire! The shop will revert to the state it was in before you rented it as soon as it is no longer rented. You will not be able to retrieve items from the shop once it has reverted.
Items can be sold using our sign-based shops.
- Each player is limited to two rental units in the mall, and on floors 1-3 you may combine shops if you wish.
- Mall rental spaces are reserved for shops only. Squatters will be evicted, ads will be removed, etc.
- Once rented you will have 7 days to put items up for sale in your shop. After that it will be reclaimed and made available for someone else to rent. Likewise, inactive shops are also regularly cleared at the sole discretion of the admins.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your rent is current or that you have enough in your account for the auto-renew. We cannot retrieve items lost to a shop reversion!
- The Residence cleaning bypass for supporters does not apply to rental units! If your rent expires it will be reverted as usual.
- If you break it you bought it - but in a good way. If you're able to break the block you can customize it. We only request that walls remain opaque and solid - most shops do not have an extra block between them (exception - combining your shop with another).
In addition to the creative and varied player shops, the Alpha Mall also houses the following:
- The BadWolfMC Art Gallery - buy custom paintings to decorate your base and show off how cultured you are! Located on the first floor of the mall and also accessed with /res tp spawn.artgallery!
- The BadWolfMC Bank - the main branch of the BadWolfMC Bank is located on the first floor of the Mall and also accessed with /bank. Talk to one of our friendly tellers or access our convenient ATM available 24/7!
- The BadWolfMC Cinema - because every mall needs a movie theater! Located on the second floor of the mall.
- The BadWolfMC Employment Office - Get a job! Get paid! Located on the first floor of the mall.
- The BadWolfMC Library - Sorry, no swimming pools in this library, but lots of books! Located on the first floor of the mall.
- The BadWolfMC Market - large head shop for all your decoration needs! Located on the second floor of the mall and also accessed with /market.
- The BadWolfMC Pet Shop - use your loyalty points to purchase a pet owner license! Located on the first floor of the mall.
- The BadWolfMC Post Office - Tony has retired, but he still hangs around the post office. He loves visitors but is still a little jumpy around dogs. And as always, he still tells lies.
- BadWolfMC Rewards - spend your hard-earned loyalty points on ranks or OP gear! Located on the first floor of the mall and also accessed with /rewards.